Sunday, April 5, 2009

BB & ME!

My 1st up close and personal encounter with BB was 2 years ago...... Since then, I have tried many BBs, ranging from Korean to German.

Hmm... before you misunderstand, these BBs are face products which was and still is the craze in Korea, Japan, HK and hopefully Singapore! Tried BRTC, Hanskin, La Jolie, Etude House, Face Shop and Alex Cosmetics.

Recently, a colleague from Korea passed me some samples for Hanskin range of BB creams ~ Magic, Glossy and Caviar BB. Certainly made up my mind about which BB works for me! Absolutely love Magic BB as it was not too moisturising for my oily and sensitive skin and yet gives me a dewy look which I can give it a matt look by having a light touch of loose powder. It certainly covered most of my imperfect pores, uneven skin texture and also some of the acne 'prints' left behind.

Good things certainly does not last long, so to my great dismay, I finished the sample sachet within a week - literally squeeze every single drop out of the sachet... haha...

So decided to try the next BB in-line, glossy! It was much sheer and given my non-perfect skin, it did not provide me with the same coverage as Magic BB, though it certainly spread on very smoothly. Caviar has better coverage than glossy and I ended up finishing this as well.

My colleague noticed a difference on my face when I used all 3 different types of BB cream. The feedback was that the first one was the best for me! Haha.. I had the same thought as well. I can't wait to get my hands on a tube of Magic BB when I am in Korea next week!

Ooh... would dearly love to try their Super Magic BB and Control BB too! As a friend just text me last night that she just tried Hanskin Super Magic BB and it has good coverage, not drying and face looked radiant!

Oh! Did I mentioned that I have a different way of applying the BB cream so that my face skin tone is more natural? There has been good reviews on BB creams though there were some feedback that certain BB creams when applied, resulted in too-fair skin tone and seem unnatural. I have experimented various ways of applying BB creams and found a way that works for me! Shall blog about this separately as wanted to get my hands on the Magic BB and demonstrate with pictures, if possible!

So stay tuned for more updates, including various brands ad certainly the evolution and origins of BBs!

Counting down to 9 Apr.....